- The Burning Kiln Winery Distinguishes Itself
- Douglas Creek Estates’ Health Unit targeted burger shop: real threat is to “taxed businesses”
- Municipalities spending ever-increasing amount of taxpayer’s money to pay for their pensions
- Haldimand County offering sauerkraut making, free skates and activities for Family Day
- Lib MPP Kwinter supported by Premier: Ontario committed to public religious expression
American Silo reader Adam Jacob sent us this tell-all graphic that is pretty shocking. If these statistics are true then ‘it’s clear the small food producer is an endangered species. Unless of course, they start supplying the big chain corporate grocery store chains. And that will likely spell the end of family farm gate-retail…and that will spell the end of the family farm. It is so important to support local farm to table initiatives and preserve food that is not only grown for profit, but grown for quality and healthy consumption.
To learn more about the consolidation of (North) American food and the implications for Ontarians, visit Silo Direct Link to Frugaldad.com