- How To Start Blogging With Plastic Deerheads And Ironic Moustaches
- AMO Delegation: Rising, Unsustainable Policing Costs Hurting Municipal Budgets
- Coca-Cola Canada Won’t Support Ontario Plastic Bottle Deposit Return
- Grand Erie Schoolboard innovates with Parenting and Family Literacy Centres
- Ontario Greens: Lib’s giving Special Deals to their Friends via Backrooms
VIDEO ART. The name is equivocal. A good name. It leaves open all the questions and asks them anyway. Is this an art form, a new genre? An anthology of valued activity conducted in a particular arena defined by display on a cathode ray tube? The kind of video made by a special class of people—artists—whose works are exhibited primarily in what is called ‘the art world’–ARTIST’S VIDEO?
An inspection of the names in the catalogue gives the easy and not quite sufficient answer that is this last we are considering, ARTIST’S VIDEO. But is this a class apart?
Read the full original and historic essay [in appropriately PDF electronic form] by David Antin by clicking here.
Special thanks to http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/ for archiving the original essay.
Have a video piece of your own to share or want to send us a live feed of your camera? Click here-