- Changes to Health Canada wind study target indirect effects
- Q And A With Self Made Millionaire And Luxury Sommelier Noel Shu
- Alcohol Inks in place of Oil Paint has become my new Addiction
- McGuinty Lib’s:Time to freeze public sector Management pay & cap Executive compensation
- Letter to the Silo- Why we march globally against Monsanto
VIDEO ART. The name is equivocal. A good name. It leaves open all the questions and asks them anyway. Is this an art form, a new genre? An anthology of valued activity conducted in a particular arena defined by display on a cathode ray tube? The kind of video made by a special class of people—artists—whose works are exhibited primarily in what is called ‘the art world’–ARTIST’S VIDEO?
An inspection of the names in the catalogue gives the easy and not quite sufficient answer that is this last we are considering, ARTIST’S VIDEO. But is this a class apart?
Read the full original and historic essay [in appropriately PDF electronic form] by David Antin by clicking here.
Special thanks to http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/ for archiving the original essay.
Have a video piece of your own to share or want to send us a live feed of your camera? Click here-