- Premier Wynne using ‘net Live streams to engage Ontario youth- will speak with Brant students
- Whistling Gardens 2013 Sneak Peek
- SETI’s search for Extra-Terrestrials Increases Odds with the help of Your Computer
- FCC Promoted American Broadband Competition And Net Neutrality
- Iconic Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s Last Home Now For Sale
VIDEO ART. The name is equivocal. A good name. It leaves open all the questions and asks them anyway. Is this an art form, a new genre? An anthology of valued activity conducted in a particular arena defined by display on a cathode ray tube? The kind of video made by a special class of people—artists—whose works are exhibited primarily in what is called ‘the art world’–ARTIST’S VIDEO?
An inspection of the names in the catalogue gives the easy and not quite sufficient answer that is this last we are considering, ARTIST’S VIDEO. But is this a class apart?
Read the full original and historic essay [in appropriately PDF electronic form] by David Antin by clicking here.
Special thanks to http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/ for archiving the original essay.
Have a video piece of your own to share or want to send us a live feed of your camera? Click here-