- Ontario Offers Wine Sales In 300 Grocery Stores Starting With 70 This Fall
- Original Cast And Creator Bring Futurama Comedy Cartoon To Mobile Gaming
- 5 Disruptive Luxury Travel Trends Shattering The Status Quo
- 892,677 Ontarians ‘on’ OntarioWorks or ODSP Disability
- Norfolk County’s $12Million “membrane equipped” water plant earns award
Original vinyl recordings of popular music provide a rich source of data to supplement other historical research. Vintage recordings and associated liner notes provide details about the chronologic, geographic, biographic, and artistic elements that contribute to an understanding of music, music technology, and popular culture of the time.
Information derived from a study of vinyl music recordings can fortify and supplement their forms of research in popular culture, artists, and music.
[Did you know that many early recordings of the Moog synthesizer went uncredited? The Beatles used a modular Moog synthesizer for featured tracks on their Abbey Road LP]
Click here to read the rest of Thom Holme’s essay on your device.