- Silo reader says all products and services should compete in a “free market”
- Corporation of Norfolk County Nurses: Unable to reach agreement now on strike
- GRCA Parks opening day on May 1, though some affected by storm cleanup
- Money For Nothing Is About Angry Men
- Ont Liberals: We Moved Canada’s Forbes Business Ranking From 4th-1st
Original vinyl recordings of popular music provide a rich source of data to supplement other historical research. Vintage recordings and associated liner notes provide details about the chronologic, geographic, biographic, and artistic elements that contribute to an understanding of music, music technology, and popular culture of the time.
Information derived from a study of vinyl music recordings can fortify and supplement their forms of research in popular culture, artists, and music.
[Did you know that many early recordings of the Moog synthesizer went uncredited? The Beatles used a modular Moog synthesizer for featured tracks on their Abbey Road LP]
Click here to read the rest of Thom Holme’s essay on your device.