- Ceramic “hyper real food” artist Sarah Smith
- Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation now showing & digitally remastered for IMAX
- Should Fantasy Sports be classed as gambling?
- Ontario an economic drain on Canada: The Fraser Institute Study
- Mitsui High-tec’s First North American Plant Will Create Jobs, Increase Exports
Original vinyl recordings of popular music provide a rich source of data to supplement other historical research. Vintage recordings and associated liner notes provide details about the chronologic, geographic, biographic, and artistic elements that contribute to an understanding of music, music technology, and popular culture of the time.
Information derived from a study of vinyl music recordings can fortify and supplement their forms of research in popular culture, artists, and music.
[Did you know that many early recordings of the Moog synthesizer went uncredited? The Beatles used a modular Moog synthesizer for featured tracks on their Abbey Road LP]
Click here to read the rest of Thom Holme’s essay on your device.