- Grand River Conservation Authority set to use yellow booms to reduce Dam deaths
- Iconic Architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s Last Home Now For Sale
- Ontario government taking the lead in the ‘face of federal inaction’ on Pensions
- “Mystery Tug” At Port Dover’s Misner Dam
- Local MPP Toby Barrett To Bring Change for Haldimand-Norfolk Families
If you’ve spent time in rural Southern Ontario you know that there are many unique cultural identifiers. You may have noticed that things move a little slower…except for certain classic cars that continue to amaze with horsepower and style. I sure have, and it is a joy to cross paths with all of the “sweet rides” of Norfolk County.
Jeff’s Gran Torino Sport is, like many classic cars, an icon. This model of car starred in a funky 1970s show (and later a Stiller-Wilson movie) that needed a car with character. A car that would be believable chasing after a pimped out Lincoln or Caddy. And though formulaic in this simple premise of cops + cool car= fun, Starsky and Hutch just wouldn’t be the same were it not for the Gran Tarino.
The Gran Torino succeeded in showing that muscle, style and comfort catches the viewer’s eye, as well as the bad guys. Look for Jeff’s wheels in and around Port Rowan. For the Silo, Jarrod Barker.