- Haldimand-Norfolk: arguably the birthplace of Canadian conservation
- Ontario Lib Candidate Crone To Convene Future-Oriented Network
- Support Local Haldimand Healthcare one STEP or one PEDDLE at a Time
- Ontario’s Finance Minister: “we’re on track to decrease car insurance rates”
- We can ignite a comeback for rural communities
Due to rapid advances in technology, the quality of smartphone cameras is now on a par, if not better, than some point-and-shoot cameras and entry-level DSLRs. With the increasing demand for smartphone accessories to maximize users’ photographic potential, Limelens offers superior quality smartphone lenses at a price within reach of the masses. Limelens lenses capture intricate detail that a smartphone camera could not achieve on its own.
Limelens product range includes The Thinker, a dual macro/wide lens and The Captain, a 190 degree fisheye lens, with more smartphone camera accessories to follow. The lenses boast incredible framing capabilities, removing the limitations of the smartphone camera to produce stunning photographs with a greater choice of photo angles, framing and composition.
Available at www.limelens.com for $99 USD, the Limelens introductory Set includes both lenses as well the Limeclip attachment that fits over 40 devices including leading smartphones and tablet brands.
(See compatibility here) Limelens is taking advantage of the exponential growth of smartphone users and their insatiable desire to share their pictures on social media platforms.
Faye Jones, the Communications Director of Limelens says “While purists may argue about the limitations of smartphone camera capabilities, stand-alone cameras cannot compete with the portability of the smartphone and the public’s desire to share their photos instantly. Online photo sharing has become a way to express identity, rather than compete”. Jones says
“Limelens has recognized that people are choosing smartphones over conventional cameras and we have responded to this trend with the introduction of Limelens, a range of sleek, intuitively designed smartphone lenses that are compatible with major smartphone brands”.
The quality of smartphone camera images, and the features they offer, means that less people are spending money on regular cameras. According to data from Japan’s Camera and Imaging Products Association, camera sales have been steadily declining. In 2010 sales were at a high of 120 Million units but sales have reduced to 30 Million in 2015. For the Silo, Dawn Ryden.
- Limelens offers a versatile attachment compatible with 40+ devices whilst ensuring the lens is stable and is easily attached and removed.
- Limelens offers users the ability to take photographs with wider angles, in order to capture all elements of their photograph.
- Limelens offers users the ability to capture incredible details of their subject, of which a smartphone camera alone could never accomplish.
- Limelens provides smartphone photographers with a sense of community, encouragement and inspiration for their projects, no matter their distance, experience level or ability.
Limelens was founded by UCT (University of Cape Town) student and entrepreneur Tyler Bodmann and has been in development since August 2014. The Limelens team includes Joel Bronner, Faye Jones, James Badenhorst and Michael Dickens. Limelens is driven to create products with the intention to intrigue and enable its ever-evolving photographic community to see, capture and create differently. The Limelens philosophy implores a vision of adventure and discovery through this new creative medium to accumulate to a movement so aptly called The Limelife. Launched in the Spring of 2016, Limelens smartphone accessories offer users the ability to take photos with wider angle and incredible detail while maintaining image quality. Compatible with over 40 smartphone and tablet brands, Limelens is the most versatile lens attachment available to smartphone camera users.