- Minister of Ag/Food/Rural Affairs Issues Support Statement To Silo Readers
- S.C.O.R. Economic Development Directors meet with Regional MP’s- want to steer regional funding
- Action on safe streets needed now to end preventable Ontario cyclist deaths
- Fascinating Book- CANADIAN PACIFIC: Creating A Brand, Building A Nation
- Satiate Your Appetite For Great Music With Canada’s National Arts Centre Orchestra
From the author of the #1 best-sellers, Tape It & Make It, Tape It & Make More and Tape It & Wear It comes the fourth book in this revolutionary “duct tape craft series:” Duct Tape Bags: 40 Projects for Totes, Clutches, Messenger Bags, and Bowlers (Clarkson Potter, July 2016). With the upcoming release of her new book, Richela Fabian Morgan is continuing to take the crafting and fashion world by storm, turning the humble roll of duct tape into the trendiest craft item since glitter glue.
Everyone from trendy teens to famous fashionistas can begin exploring the infinite uses this easy-to-follow guide provides to making handbags so fashionable, you won’t actually believe they’re made of duct-tape. Part art-piece, part usable accessory, Fabian Morgan shows how each of these gorgeous handbags can be recreated one manageable section at a time.
“About eight years ago, my kids and I were in our local hardware store when we spotted duct tape with patterns and colors,” says Fabian Morgan. “Since then, duct tape has been an obsession of mine. My daughter and her friends were my excuse to break out my vast collection of tape and try out different ideas for craft projects. Out of all the projects, the bags were the biggest hit! I started making bags for myself. So, it was only natural that I turned my attention to writing a book on duct tape bags. I wrote other books on duct tape crafts with a total of 242 projects spread out over three books, everything from housewares to costumes. Duct tape bags were on my radar. I had to write this book!”
Duct Tape Bags provides DIYers with 40 fun projects using duct tape, including:
- Clutches and wristlets
- Hobo and Shoulder Bags
- Messenger and Flap Bags
- Tote Bags
- And tons of other one-of-a-kind bags!
Read more about Richela Fabian Morgan by using the links at the bottom of this article and:
- Reveal what inspired her to begin crafting with duct tape.
- See finished samples of the many bags included in her book.
- Do print or video demos and step by step how-tos not only on her bags but any of the 240+ projects found in her duct tape books.
- Provide the perfect summer duct tape projects for girls, boys and teens.
- Look ahead to back to school: duct tape wallets, folders, book bags, pencil cases, lunch boxes and more!
- Find tips to incorporate recycled items in your duct tape projects.
- And so much more!
With detailed step-by-step instructions and primers on duct tape “fabric,” different types of closures from magnet snaps to jeans buttons, and bag accessories like bows and luggage tags, Fabian Morgan catapults this trend from the streets into the stratosphere. A mix of pop art and urban style photos of each project and a cool vibe throughout will make you want to immediately roll up your sleeves and rolling out the duct tape for a bag of your own! For the Silo, Erin MacDonald-Birnbaum
About Richela Fabian Morgan: Richela Fabian Morgan began her duct tape odyssey 8 years ago with a simple bi-fold wallet, before writing the best-selling crafting books Tape It & Make It, Tape It & Make More, and Tape It & Wear It. She is an indie crafter specializing in paper, adhesives, and found materials, and has taught craft projects at elementary schools, public libraries, and charitable organizations around the U.S. Her next duct tape crafting book, Duct Tape Bags, will be published by Clarkson Potter in July 2016.
Duct Tape Bags will be released July 12, 2016 and can be pre-ordered from Amazon.com and all major booksellers. Contact email@example.com for more details.