- Toby Barrett “News”paper column- The Greatest Generation 20th Century History
- Barrett: Gov’t violating its own Law of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
- Mayor Hewitt: Many places in Haldimand look like a daily garage sale
- What Is A “Locavore”? by Rick Posavad
- Catacoustic Enchantment: The Romantic Conception of Reverberation
SIMCOE, ON, (march 20, 2013): The United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk is seeking dynamic individuals for positions on the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of 11 directors, and meets approximately six (6) times a year.
This volunteer position requires board members to manage the affairs of the United Way, adopt new by-laws or make amendments to existing by-laws, appoint committees to carry out the objectives of the united Way, receive, consider and act upon the reports of all committees, report its activities and financial position and the Annual General Meeting.
The mission of United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk is “Working with others, the United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk improves people’s lives and strengthens the community”
- · Be at least 18 years of age
- · Not have claimed bankruptcy in the past 12 months
- · Be a person who resides, is employed, or owns a business in Haldimand or Norfolk County
- · Be willing to commit to consistent attendance at board meetings and committee work
- · Be willing to volunteer 5-10 hours a month
- · Be willing to take an active role in various initiatives and fundraising events
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer position, please do so in the following manner:
By mail or email by April 10th, 2012:
Sandy Armstrong, Chair of the Human Resource Committee
United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk
45 Kent Street North, PO Box 472
Simcoe, ON N3Y 4L5
Tel: (519) 426-5660 Fax: (519) 426-0017
About The United Way of Haldimand & Norfolk
We are a registered charity and one of 111 United Way agencies across Canada. We are dedicated to improving the lives of residents in Haldimand and Norfolk counties and money raised by our United Way provides funding for 30 human service programs at 11 local agencies. These programs service approximately 36,000 thousand people, or approximately 1 in 3 throughout Haldimand & Norfolk each year. For more information, please visit www.unitedwayhn.on.ca.