- Far Reaching Effects Of Visual Culture In Our World Of Appearances
- Norfolk Historic Village program aims to quantify and qualify architecture with signage
- Chinese Acrobats and Drummers coming to Brantford’s Sanderson Centre
- Premier’s Office Press Release – “Ontario Is Committed To Our Farmers.”
- Law Firms Should Nurture A Culture For Growth Factor
Province Focused on Growing the Economy, Building Ontario Up
Ontario’s economic plan is getting results. The province gained 15,100 net new jobs in July and Ontario’s youth (ages 15-24) employment increased by 6,700 net new jobs.
Including July’s job gains, the province has recovered all the jobs lost during the global recession and employment is now 3.1 per cent above the pre-recession peak. In 2013, Ontario employment increased by 95,700 new jobs.
Creating jobs and building opportunities are part of the government’s plan to invest in people, build modern infrastructure and support a dynamic and innovative business climate.
- Ontario’s Youth Jobs Strategy is creating job opportunities for about 30,000 youth over two years. It has already created internships and job placements for more than 11,500 youth in the province.
- Ontario plans to introduce a new 10-year, $2.5 billion Jobs and Prosperity Fund as part of its comprehensive plan for creating jobs and growing the economy.
- The Southwestern and Eastern Ontario Development Funds have attracted more than $1 billion in investment and have helped to create and retain more than 28,000 jobs in Ontario communities.
- In 2013, Ontario was one of North America’s top destinations for foreign direct investment.
Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure http://ontario.ca/economy