- July 13- Whispering Hearts Horse Rescue fundraiser held
- Ontario Intro’s Online Alcohol Sales And Delivery Via LCBO.COM
- MPP Barrett “Many in Norfolk and Haldimand never accepted regional government”
- Canuck Authors Release Book Chronicling Time Traveler John Titor II
- Brain Stimulants and Apps for Joy Hacking = the Future of Happiness
Three years ago in late May whistleblower and resistance warrior Edward Snowden flew to Hong Kong and changed the way the world understands surveillance. On the third anniversary of Snowden’s flight and subsequent exile, Simcoe, Ontario native Rik Ganju releases “The Outlaw Edward Snowden Vol. 1”. Personnel on this jazz tronica release have toured and recorded with the Kronos Quartet, Terry Riley, Herbie Hancock, Esperanza Spalding and Zakir Hussain.
Ganju releases this, his third album, under the name Ganfunkel – a band thriving in a new genre called Vape Jazztronica. Highlights on this release include a ferocious cover of Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana.
Though now living in California, Ganju has maintained ties with local musicians including Jarrod Barker, a Port Dover based composer whose new collection of compositions will be released June 28th by recently formed cutting-edge Brazilian record label Duobox.
“The Outlaw Edward Snowden Vol. 1” has received praise from multi-Grammy nominee Taylor Eigsti: “…I love it….sounds like you made a lot of great decisions…you should be very proud…huge congrats”. Taylor has toured this year with Chris Botti and Sting and contributed to the soundtrack of Don Cheadle’s biopic film about Miles Davis, now in theatres. For the Silo, Cece Bratton.