- Hal-Nor MPP: Letters To Ministers Of Transportation
- Dead Media- 3D Is Back….But Did It Ever Go Away?
- “Paws Off My Waterhole!” Some Thoughts On The Study Of Hierarchies
- Brantford,ON Workforce Planning Board will inform Auto repair and maintenance biz’ via February workshop
- It’s time to say the things people need to know- not just what they want to hear.
For immediate release
Barrett echoes Hudak plan to examine contracts for most contentious wind farms
Simcoe – Progressive Conservative Candidate Toby Barrett says when it comes to controversial wind farms, PC Leader Tim Hudak has indicated he will listen to communities and look very carefully at existing contracts.
Following last night’s debate at Haldimand County Council Barrett reiterated the PC commitment in Changebook that, “Hardworking farmers and other Ontarians who signed contracts to host energy production on their property will have their contracts honoured. But there will be no more of these deals.”
Barrett further reiterated that Hudak has himself made it clear that, “if there are projects, like these massive industrial wind farms that don’t make sense for communities, aren’t in the interests of Ontario rate payers, we will look at the termination clauses.”
Barrett added that the PC’s, in addition to scrapping the unaffordable FIT program will scrap the sweetheart Samsung deal, while restoring municipal decision making powers for green energy projects like those establishing up to 200 wind towers in the area. Both Halidmand and Norfolk Counties have passed resolutions calling for a moratorium with respect to wind towers.
For more information, please contact: The Toby Barrett Campaign – 519-426-6463, email@example.com
Authorized by the CFO for the Toby Barrett Campaign